By continuing to explore the Group's websites (edp.com.br) and other websites related to EDP domains located in Brazil, the user expressly agrees with our Cookies Policy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny information files stored by the websites you visit on the browser of the device with Cookies are digital folders with small pieces of information (and usually with a unique identifier), which are downloaded and stored on the visitor's device of a specific website. They can be temporary (being automatically deleted when the browser is closed) or persistent (until a defined expiration date), as well as originals (defined by the entity that operates the website) or the responsibility of third parties.
Cookies can be categorized according to the purpose they serve. There are Cookies that are strictly necessary for the functioning of the website, while others collect statistical information in order to analyze the use of the website and its performance. There are Cookies used to ensure the availability of additional features to the website or to save the visitor's preferences regarding navigation on the page, whenever the same device is used. Other cookies can also be used to measure the success of applications and the effectiveness of third-party advertising.
The visitor will be able to learn more about which Cookies are used on this website from the list provided below. EDP is committed to updating the listing, so that it may not reflect, always, the Cookies actually in use.
For more information about Cookies, the visitor can consult two platforms that provide more detailed information about Cookies and that do not have any type of commercial or legal relationship with the Group: http://www.allaboutCookies.org or https://www.aboutCookies.org/
Cookies allow the website to memorize information about your visit, such as your preferred language, your location, the recurrence of your sessions and other variables considered relevant to make your browsing experience much more comfortable and efficient.
For more detailed information on the features and purpose of our cookies (cookies used, data controller, mode of operation, purpose, retention period, and data transfers),
EDP details below the information related to the Cookies used on the website, as well as the purposes that justify the data processing activities.
This website or e-mails sent by EDP may contain links to other websites or applications, including those that are the responsibility of EDP partners. If the user accesses those links or applications, must consider that the respective Cookie Policies are the sole responsibility of the entities that manage them. For this reason, the user must read the Cookie Policies of other platforms or applications before accessing them.
a. Strictly necessary cookies:
- Allow our servers to respond to certain actions on the website, or simply allow our users to browse the platform, since without these Cookies, the page would not work on your device.
- Ensure a consistent user experience while browsing the EDP website to always provide up-to-date and consistent information.
- Contribute to a better dynamics on the website, to guarantee the best speed and performance, while browsing the platform.
- Ensure a consistent experience, even when EDP promotes the implementation of website improvements.
b. Performance/analysis cookies:
- Creation and analysis of statistics, in order to allow the continuous improvement of the website and, in this way, an increasingly better experience for users.
- Analysis and understanding of how to use the platform, in order to help with performance management and website design.
- Test different combinations of product design, thereby improving the experience and performance of the website.
Users may at any time set their preferences regarding the use of non-strictly necessary cookies in our Digital Channels by accessing the OneTrust tool, which is available here.
Furthermore, most browsers allow users to control the cookies that are stored on their device and to delete them immediately if they no longer want to allow cookies to be stored on their device. Users can change their browser settings to disable the storage of cookies or to notify them whenever a new cookie is set:
- For more information on "Private Browsing" and managing cookies on Firefox, click here.
- For more information on “Incognito Browsing” and managing cookies on Chrome, click here.
- For more information on "Private Browsing" and managing cookies on Internet Explorer, click here.
- For more information on "Private Browsing" and managing cookies on Microsoft Edge, click here.
- For more information on "Private Browsing" and managing cookies on Safari, click here.
- For more information on "Private Browsing" and managing cookies on Opera, click here.