EDP’s mobile expose “Energy of the Portuguese Language” arrives at Aracruz
Visitors will be able to enjoy a pool of letters, besides gluing onto their skin words and extracts of poems
EDP, company present in all sectors of the Brazilian electric market, brings to Aracruz for the first time the interactive expose on wheels “the Energy of the Portuguese Language” between the 20th and 21st of July. The showing brings curiosities regarding our language and will be open to the public at the Winter Festival (Piraqueçu Street) from noon to 9 PM.
Using the mobile structure of a truck, the expose has a total of 300 square meters, allowing for visitors to know more about Portuguese speaking countries, and particularities and differences inherent to Portuguese spoken in Brazil and Portugal, showcasing curiosities of expressions common in this language, considered the fifth most spoken in the world.
Since its inauguration, this event has been to 18 cities in over eight states, and was attended by over 23 thousand people. “EDP is delighted to bring the expose The Energy of the Portuguese Language to Espírito Santo. It is a delightful showcase with many interactive activities that allow the visitor to learn more about our language whilst having fun”, states Catarina Craveiro, EDP’s marketing and events manager.
The space inside the mobile project counts on varied entertaining and interactive activities related to the Portuguese language:
- ‘Manifesto’ (Manifest): Located in the entrance, it will showcase on the wall as a carpet and will reveal all that goes on in the truck.
- ‘A Língua Portuguesa no Mundo, Viva a energia de estar lá’ (The Portuguese Language in the world, alive and the energy of being there): Visitors will get to know ten nations that speak Portuguese through each one’s culture. In a 360º visor, the countries can be ‘visited’. On the floor represented by a rose of the winds, will be the name of each country, and on the wall, pictures and curious expressions of each one.
- ‘Linha do tempo Brasil X Portugal’ (Timeline of Brazil x Portugal): In this activity the visitor will have the opportunity to know more about famous poems from both countries, with access to the authors information, date, style, among other curiosities.
- ´Gerador de Sotaques’ (Accent Generator): The visitor can dub parts of poems with an accent that they choose: Portugal or other states of Brazil and share in their social networks.
- ‘Uma Língua Cheia de Energia e História’ (A language full of History and Energy): This activity will show and explain the meaning of expressions that we use on a day to day basis: seven headed animal; the walls have ears; put your hand on the fire and so many others.
- ‘Letra por Letra’ (Word for Word): The visitor will have to spell words from our language, randomly selected by a vending machine. He who gets it right wins a book.
- ‘EDP e o Museu da Língua Portuguesa’ (EDP and the Museum of Portuguese Language): From the Museum of the Portuguese Language, to Vitoria, from Vitoria to the Museum. A panel installed inside the truck will bring photos and information regarding the reconstruction of the Museum.
- ‘Recite seu Poema’ (Recite your poem): To exit the truck, we will have the guests reciting a poem. These fragments will become a video that will be posted on EDP social networks.
- Nexternal Area: The visitor can have fun in a pool of letters; glue onto their skin words and extracts of poems; and decorate panels with stamps. In addition, it will have a reading environment with a bookcase filled with books alongside beanbags and chairs. At night, the LED panel will become a movie screen, in which classics inspired by Brazilian literature will be shown.
Support of the Portuguese Language
EDP is the main sponsor for the reconstruction of the Museum of Portuguese Language, destroyed by a fire in December 2015. The investment is of R$ 20 million over a span of four years – which represents 26% of the total budget of the restoration. The re-opening of the museum is scheduled for the first semester of 2020.
At the company also announced recently a sponsorship of R$ 12 million for the restoration of the Ipiranga Museum, closed since 2013. The initiative is carried out supported by a Federal Law of incentive towards Culture, in contract with the University of São Paulo (USP).
At the company was also a supporter of the last three editions of FLIP - International Literary Festival in Paraty and in 2018 it supported the São Paulo Book Biennial for the second year.
Schedule for the mobile Expose in Aracruz
Location: Winter Festival (Piraqueçu street 211)
Date: 20 and 21st of July
Time: from noon to 9 pm (Saturday)
From 10 am to 7pm (Sunday)
About EDP in Brazil
With over 20 years in the market, EDP is one of the largest private companies in the Electricity sector to operate in all aspects of the supply chain. The company has more than 10 thousand collaborators between direct and third-party employees working with Energy Generation, Distribution, Transmission, Sales and Customer Service. It has six hydroelectric and one thermoelectric generating units and reaches around 3,5 million customers through its distribution grid in the states of São Paulo and Espírito Santos. Recently it became the main stock-holder of CELESC in the state of Santa Catarina. In Brazil, EDP is seen as a benchmark in Innovation, Governance and Sustainability, featuring for 13 consecutive years on the B3 Corporate Sustainability Index (ISE).